Hello, thank you for visiting my website today! Here you can get great recipes to enjoy Japanese home cooking!
Today’s recipe is miso katsu sauce. This sauce goes really well with especially meaty foods like GYOZA or katsu. It is also good as barbecue sauce. Katsu means deep fried vegetables or meat. This sauce has strong taste so often should be served separately. If you have miso in your fridge, you definitely should try my recipes. If you do not have miso, just ignore miso. When I make fried beef and vegetables (yakiniku), I often use this sauce without miso.
When I made this sauce for the first time, my husband really liked it and even said I should sell this recipe! Please try!
Miso katsu sauce
[Ingredients] (2 people)
- White miso 1 tablespoon
- Red miso 1 teaspoon
- Sesame oil 1/2 teaspoon
- Water 100ml
- Mirin 1/2 teaspoons
- Soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Sake(white wine is also okay) 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Ginger 1/2 teaspoon when it is grated
- Garlic 1/2 teaspoon when it is grated
- Ketchup 1 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds 1 tablespoon.
[How to make it]
- Grate ginger and garlic. Ground sesame seeds too.
- Add sesame oil, water, mirin, soy sauce, sake, sugar, ginger garlic, ketchup into the saucepan.
- Turn off the cooker when it starts to boil and add white miso, red miso and sesame seeds.
- Mix well and serve it in separate bowls.