Hi, last night I made okonomiyaki(Japanese vegetable pancake). It was super tasty!
There are two kinds of okonomiyaki in Japan. One is more like a pancake and called Kansai style. Another is called Hiroshima style, and i has layers of each ingredient.Because I was born in Hiroshima I prefer Hiroshima style, but I make Kansai style often too. Today I will show you how to make Kansai style okonomiaki because it is easier to master!
There are some ingredients you can hardly get inside the UK. So I arranged the recipe for English people.
OKONOMIYAKI (KANSAI STYLE)
[Ingredients] 2-3 people
- Cabbage 3 leaves
- Spring onion 2
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- Water 100ml
- Egg 1
- Pork as much as you want
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- spaghetti some
[How to make it]
- Shred cabbage and spring onion.
- Finely chop pork.
- Break spaghetti into 2 pieces and overcook in Boiling water. Make sure spaghetti is soft.
- Make batter. Mix flour, water and an egg in a bowl.
- Add cabbage, spring onion, pork, grated ginger and spaghetti into the bowl.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil into a hot frying pan.
- Pour some of 4. and cook it about for 5 minutes until the surface becomes crispy.
- Turn over and cook more. make sure pork is enough cooked.
- Serve with sauce.
The recipe of sauce will be updated soon.