Today’s bento is “Sanshoku bento”.
First I will explain about Japanese word “sanshoku”. San means 3, and shoku means colour. So sanshoku bento mean 3 colours bento!(It is obvious right? XD) Of course under the 3 coloured ingredients, I put rice!
There are no rules of ingredients or colour but usually people use meat mince(brown), beans(green) and scrambled egg(yellow). Today I used beef mince, green beans and carrot (because I had these in my fridge!). It costs about only £0.95! Please try!
- White plain rice
- Cook peeled carrots in boiling water for a minutes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- Dress carrots with sauce from 2.
[Green beans] £0.10
- After cook green beans in boiling water, cut them into 3-5mm thick.
- Finely chop 1 teaspoon of garlic and ginger and stir fry them with 50g of beef mince.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of mirin, a bit of sugar and 1 teaspoon of sake(white wine) and keep frying.
- Taste it and add some salt if you need.