Today’s bento is “Sanshoku bento”.
First I will explain about Japanese word “sanshoku”. San means 3, and shoku means colour. So sanshoku bento mean 3 colours bento!(It is obvious right? XD) Of course under the 3 coloured ingredients, I put rice!
There are no rules of ingredients or colour but usually people use meat mince(brown), beans(green) and scrambled egg(yellow). And of course, this can be great dinner as well. Today I used beef mince, green beans and carrot (because I had these in my fridge!). It costs about only £0.95! Please try!
- White plain rice
- Cook peeled carrots in boiling water for a minutes.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- Dress carrots with sauce from 2.
[Green beans] £0.10
- After cook green beans in boiling water, cut them into 3-5mm thick.
- Finely chop 1 teaspoon of garlic and ginger and stir fry them with 50g of beef mince.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of mirin, a bit of sugar and 1 teaspoon of sake(white wine) and keep frying.
- Taste it and add some salt if you need.