I made Japanese croquettes yesterday! It seemed my husband and his parents liked them a lot so I share my recipe! I made some small ones too for my husband’s bento for this week, but someone who really loved my croquettes fished them too – their lovely dog, Bruce!haha
[Ingredients] for 4 people
- Big or medium potatoes 3-4
- Carrot 1
- Pork/beef/ chicken mince 120g
- Onion 1/2
- 5-7 table spoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of sake(white wine)
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- A bit of salt
- Egg 1
[How to make it]
- Cook potatoes in boiling water. Mash the potatoes in a bowl.
- Finely chop a carrot and onions.
- Stir fry the carrot, onion and pork mince in a frying pan.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, sake and mirin.
- Taste it and add salt only if you need. It should taste a bit strong because after this process you will add it into mashed potatoes.
- Add 5 into the mashed potato from 1.
- Make patty.
- Make three bowls of flour, beaten egg and breadcrumb.
- Put the patty into flour, beaten egg and breadcrumb (follow this order!).
- Deep fry the patty in the oil (160-170 degrees is prefered)