I made teriyaki chicken for my husband’s bento yesterday.
As you know teriyaki chicken is one of the most famous Japanese foods in the world. In Japan teriyaki fish is also popular food. We often use fish which has a lot of fat like salmon or yellotail(buri).
Each family has their own recipes of teriyaki sauce. My mom does not like strong teriyaki tastes because you can not enjoy the original tastes of ingredients. So instead of using less seasoning my mom leaves the chicken or fish in teriyaki sauce overnight.
To make teriyaki chicken or fish for bento in the morning, you just have to put them into the oven. All you should be careful about is set the temperature between 150-170°C. Because of mirin and sugar, teriyaki sauce can easily be burned.
- 6 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons of sake
- 2 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
[How to make it]
- Make Teriyaki sauce. Mix all the seasonings into the plastic bag.
- Put chicken into the bag and leave it in a fridge over night.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for 10-15 minutes with between 150-170°C.
- Turn off the oven and leave it 5-10 more minutes.