Teppanyaki is one of the growing Japanese food culture all of the world.
Teppankai is the style of foods cooked on a teppan(iron boad).
Okononiyaki is one of the typical teppanyaki foods. (If you interested in okonomiyaki recipes please visit Okonomiyaki(Kansai style) and Okonomiyaki sauce.) Now, I am writing the recipe of Hiroshima style okonomiyaki. I hope I can post soon.
Garlic Butter rice is served in these teppanyaki style restaurants as shime (the last menu of the course). Maybe the main reason of this is that Japanese people do not drink alcohol with rice. And some restaurant made garlic butter rice very simply, like all the ingredients are rice, buter, garlic and some seasoning. They do not need many ingredients because they made it on the same iron board where they just make wagyu beaf steak or some other grilled vegetables. So the rice has a lot of umami(flavor) from the beef and vegetables.
I do not have such a big iron board in my house so I used small pieces of beef to add more flavor in a frying pan. I you have an electric hotplate you can make it like restaurants! Let’s try!xx
[Ingredients] 2 servings
- Beef 50-100g
- King oyster mushroom 1
- Garlic 4-6 pcs
- Leek 5cm
- A bit of red chili
- 2 bowls of rice (A glass of rice before it is cooked)
- Butter 10g
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoons of black pepper
- Cook rice beforehand.
- Pour olive oil into a hot frying pan and stir fry finely chopped garlic.
- When the garlic turns into deep brown(almost burnt), add finely chopped chili, leek and king oyster mushrooms.
- Remove 2. into a big bowl. Do not wash the pan. we are going to use this pan to cook rice and beef.
- Put the butter into the pan. When it is melt, add beef chopped into small pieces.
- When the beef was cooked, add rice.
- When the rice was coated with butter, add ingredients you removed into bowl in 4.
- When they are all mixed well, add sesame oil, salt, soy sauce and black pepper.
- Serve it with some fresh leaves.
This is not very healthy food but sometimes it is okay!