It has been one year since I opened my website. Time flies so fast! Although my life has changed so much in such a little time, my passion for foods had never died. I have got visa, found a job, started volunteering and got another job again, decided to go to school…but the most important is, I AM A CHEF NOW!!!! (amazing, isn’t it?)
Anyway, today I want to share one of my favourite recipe of spaghetti sauce. In Japan, combinations of ingredients are very important as well as how it looks or how it tastes, because it is believed that they affect your health either in a good way or in a bad way.
Spinach is one of the most controversial ingredients about this, because, for example, everyone loves the combinations of spinach and bacon and never wants to believe that it might cause cancers, (neither do I!!) Whether if it is true or not, there is one fact; the combination of spinach and tuna is absolutely fantastic!!
[Ingredients] for 2
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 100g tin tuna (in water)
- A handful spinach
- Spaghetti for two (200-300g)
- 50ml of olive oil
- A little bit of salt & pepper
- 1 tbspoon of sugar
- Chop a garlic and onion finely.
- Pour 3 tbspoon of olive oil into a hot frying pan.
- Pan fry onion and garlic until they get soft and smell good.
- Add tomato into the frying pan.
- Boil water in a tall sauce pan and cook spaghetti.
- Add olive oil into the sauce and keep cooking until the colour of the sauce changes into blight red. Add some seasoning.
- When the sauce gets dry, add some hot water from sauce pan cooking spaghetti.
- Add tuna into the sauce.
- When you finish cooking spaghetti then add them into the sauce.
- Add spinach just before you serve, and mix well.
- Plate your spaghetti nicely. Dress it with olive oil on top.
Making pasta sauce is always simple but it is difficult to make it nice. The key is; garlic, onion and tomatoes. In fact there is my original recipe of tomato sauce paste which can be used in various way. I will write a article about it next time.
Thank you very much for reading my recipe today! I hope you enjoyed it!
See you soon!xx