Do you have a sweet tooth? I usually do not eat sweets but sometimes I really can’t help having some, you know, this is a kind of the female matter!!hehe
Yesterday I baked a berry cake which was very easy and also satisfied my husband who has an extremely sweet tooth. Since I got married to him, I have been trying to help him to fix his sweet addiction, which a majority of English people are suffered from without awareness. I am not criticising the English diet, and I believe that having sweets by itself is not that bad. What I concern about my husband is he is taking too much chemicals from fizzy drinks or cakes he intakes almost everyday.
This is why I sometimes make homemade cake or lemonade for him. I have been pretty busy these days so I don’t bake cake that often. To be fair I am not that good at baking so I often struggle to find easy baking recipes. This recipe I am going to share with you today is, however, quite simple so I can confidently recommend all of you, especially if you are too busy to make a lot of effort to cut down your chemical intake.
Hope you will enjoy my recipe!xx
[Ingredients] -20cm round baking tin
- 240g of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 150g of unsalted butter
- 190g of granulated sugar
- 200ml of milk
- 2 eggs
- 200g of berries
- some unsalted butter to cover the baking tin
- Mix plain flour, baking powder, salt and butter in a large bowl. crumbling with hands. Take 150g of this mix away. You will put them on top of cake just before baking.
- Break eggs and separate them into yolk and white. Mix yolk and milk and pour the milk into the remained mix of step1. Use spatula and mix them gently.
- Whip the white of step2. until it gets hard.
- Add the whipped white to the mix of step2. and mix well gently.
- Pour the mix into buttered baking tin.
- Drop about 80% of berries on the mix in the tin.
- Cover the top of mix in the tin with the crumbled mix which was taken away in step1.
- Sprinkle the remained berries on top of the mix in the tin.
- Bake the cake in a preheated (170 degrees) oven for 45 minutes.
- Cool it down for at least a few hours before you serve.
When you try my recipes, please leave the comment and give me feedback. There is no need entering your email address to leave messages so if you are not happy to give me your personal information just skip that question. (I can not remove that question due to the worldpress system.) You can also contact me on my Contact Page or you can also share your attempts on Instagram with #jhomerecipes.
I hope you find this information useful for your happy healthy life!