Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Servings: 4 persons
[Ingredients] serving 3-4 people
- 2 of fresh corns
- 600 ml of vegetable stock
- 300 ml of water
- 200ml of milk
- a pinch of salt and black pepper
- A bunch of parsley, chopped
- A medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 30g of salted butter
- 2 tbspn of flour
- Wash the corns well. Cut of the tips to create flat end. Cut each corn into half.
- Boil 300ml of water in a large sauce pan and cook the corns.
- When the colour of the corns turns shiny yellow, take the corns out. Cut the husks off.
- Put the corn husks and water from the sauce pan in the pan into a mixer. Turn on the mixer and keep it on until the corns become smooth paste.
- Stir-fry chopped onion with butter, salt and black pepper.
- When the onion is cooked, sprinkle flour on top and mix well.
- Pour milk into the pan.
- Drain the corn paste of step 4. into the sauce pan. If you find too much skins, you can once again put these skins into the mixer with 50g of water, which will help you to get the most from the corns.
- Add stock and keep cooking at least 15 more minutes with low heat.
- Simmer the soup. Taste the soup and add more seasoning if you need to.
- Serve the soup with a pinch of parsley on top.