Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
Servings: 4 persons
- Beef mince 280g
- Pork mince 120g
- An egg
- A tbspoon of breadcrum
- A tbspoon of mayonnaise
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 5g of butter
- 200g of tinned of chopped tomatoes
- 5 tbspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 50g of red wine
- A tspoon of honey
- 3 tbspoons of flour
- 10 chestnut mushroom Mushrooms, cut into half
- A half onion, finely shopped
- A handful of chopped spring onion
- Make a patty. Mix all the ingredients into the bowl. Cook the patty on the hot frying pan. You do not have to cook well. Make sure the surface becomes crispy.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan and cook onion and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Add flour into the sauce pan. When it becomes less powdery, add tomato, Worcestershire sauce, red wine and honey. Bring it to the boil and turn down the heat to low.
- Put patty from 1. into the sauce pan. Keep cooking for 40 minutes with low heat.
- Taste the sauce once again and add more seasoning if you need.
- Serve with some finely chopped spring onion on the top.
I made Hawaiian food Loco moco for my husband bento.
Loco moco often has a fried egg on the top but I ran out of eggs this morning! But I am sure it is still super tasty! When you try this do not forget fried egg on the top!