Prep Time: 0 mins/overnight
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Servings: 4 persons
[Ingredients] (2 servings)
- 2 pork (pork loin) – you can swap with chicken
- 4 tbspoons of flour
- An egg, break in a bowl
- 5 tbspoons of breadcrumbs
- To make the pork soft, cover the pork with grated onion for a few hours. This process is not necessary if you do not have enough time.
- Remove the onion with kitchen towel rub the pork with a pinch of salt.
- Toss a piece of steak into the flour, egg and breadcrumbs, respectively.
- Deep-fry the pork in the pre-heated vegetable oil (190 degrees) until it gets brown and crispy.
- Serve ton-katsu with miso katsu sauce and fresh vegetables.
[How should you serve ton-katsu?]
The most common way for Japanese to serve Tonkatsu is to serve it with sauce, fresh vegetables, rice and miso soup.
It is also popular to serve tonkatsu on rice (katsu-don).
It is also sauce aa good topping for Japanese curry (katsu curry).